Appealing our decisions
If you're unhappy with a decision we’ve made, you can appeal it. You must provide us with enough information to investigate the appeal.
What you can appeal
You can appeal a decision:
- about your application to become an independently qualified pool inspector (pool inspector)
- to revoke your registration
- relating to your competency to undertake pool inspections.
Email or post your appeal and all relevant documents to us.
You must make your appeal in writing within 10 working days of the decision, and provide us with the following:
- the grounds or reasons for appealing the decision
- a further description of how you meet the requirement in question
- evidence and/or photos to support your appeal.
Your appeal will be considered by a panel of 3 people from the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) who were not involved in the original decision.