Renewing your pool inspector registration
All independently qualified pool inspector registrations must be renewed annually. This must be done before the registration expires, and a renewal fee paid.
Requirements for renewal
To renew your registration as an independently qualified pool inspector (pool inspector) you — or your workers — must have:
- carried out compliance inspections in the previous 12 months
- kept detailed records of each inspection and
- provided us with an inspection summary.
You — or your workers — must still not:
- be an undischarged bankrupt
- be prohibited from being a director, or being concerned or taking part in the management of a business
- have been convicted of an offence under the Building Act or another relevant Act.
How to renew
If you meet the above requirements, then you must:
- complete the relevant registration renewal form
- send us your completed application form by email to email@example.com and
- wait until you receive our invoice, then pay the renewal fee of $345.00 (including GST).
In order to renew your registration you must agree to:
- take part in our re-assessment process, if necessary
- provide us with your records of pool barrier inspections undertaken as an IQPI, as required
- attend any training that we ask you to undertake while registered as an IQPI and
- notify us within 10 working days if your circumstances change and you no longer meet the requirements for registration, or if your contact details change.
See Pool inspector responsibilities for more information.
What happens next
Once we receive your payment we’ll process your renewal application. This may take up to 20 working days.
Failure to renew
If you don’t apply to renew your registration by the expiry date, you’ll be removed from the pool inspector public register. If you want to continue in business as an Independently Qualified Pool Inspector after that, you'll need to re-apply.